Screws are the basic parts of machinery and are in grea […]
Screws are the basic parts of machinery and are in great demand. Usually bolts, screws, rivets, etc. are in order to ensure safety or generally do not consider the impact of temperature in harsh environments or other dangerous working conditions. Commonly used materials are carbon steel, low alloy steel and non-ferrous metals. However, in certain occasions, the fastener material needs to meet the conditions of severe corrosion or high strength, and many stainless steels and ultra-high strength stainless steels emerge as the times require.
1. Requirements for screw materials in terms of mechanical properties, especially strength. Some screws need high strength, so choose the screw material with high strength.
2. The requirements of working conditions on the corrosion resistance of materials. Some screws are used on products with strong corrosion resistance, which requires us to choose screw wires with strong corrosion resistance.
3. The requirements of the working temperature on the heat resistance (high temperature strength, oxidation resistance) of the material. Some screws are used in high temperature operation, which requires us to choose screw materials with high temperature resistance.
4. Requirements for material processing performance in terms of production technology. In terms of production technology, some screw wires are easier to process, some are more difficult, and the hardness is relatively hard in all aspects. This requires us to choose the appropriate hardness of the screw material, which is conducive to processing and production.
5. Other aspects, such as weight, price, and purchasing factors should be considered. The weight, price, procurement and other factors of the screw itself affect the choice of screw material. Only by properly considering these aspects can the screw material be better selected.